Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Our First TWO Weeks!

WOW! Where has time gone?! Our baby boy is 2 weeks old, some of you may say oh only 2 weeks but seriously time has flown by! We came home from the hospital on Saturday, July 6th, to a very clean home I should add thanks to Heather and her family for cleaning and Matt for asking them to(this was a big stress-or and I didn't want to leave the hospital because of it). Mason and I are sleeping in the living room since I can't lay down yet without pain and Matt is in the bedroom. 

The first night was rough I'm not gonna lie, Mason slept from 12:45-4:00am which was very nice but then he was up from 4:00am until 8:15am.....I was exhausted...finally at 7:00am I went and woke up Matt and asked him to come help even if it was just holding him so I could sleep for a little bit. Since then he has been great sleeping anywhere from 3 1/2-5 1/2 hrs at night! 

In the hospital he wouldn't latch on(we are thinking because of my breast reduction) but would eat with a nipple shield, once we came home I thought it would be easier to just pump...well..I was wrong! It was so draining to pump, feed, wash, sleep(maybe for a bit) and do it all over again. I ended up getting ahead of it where Matt could feed him while I pumped but it was still draining.  I was very nervous about how last weekend was going to go since we were going to a wedding/reception on a farm and how I was going to pump/warm up milk/etc. so I started to try the nipple shield again and he picked it right back up, so relieving!

--1 Week--

Mason's 1 week picture - 7.10.13(sorry I can't get it turned so turn your heads! :))

Matt was able to stay home until this past Monday, July 15 and that was really nice to have him home all last week. He was a huge help and really enjoyed cuddle time with his buddy! We didn't do much other than go to appointments, and some coke events - we took Mason to his first chiropractor appointment on 7.8.13 and he did awesome! 


7/10/13 -- going for a walk!

--2 Weeks--

Mason's 2 week picture - 7.17.13

Love him so much

This past week has again went great and mommy is still holding up good! We are both still sleeping in the living room and will hopefully make our way into the bedroom this week! The wedding(Aaron and Lisa's) on Saturday went great and Mason did a super good job, slept the whole time except for eating! :) He got to meet Great Grandma/Grandpa Wolff and Geoff. Mason is still sleeping really good at night(I truly am blessed with such an amazing pregnancy and now a good sleeping baby!)

Heather and the kids have been here since Monday and have been spending the night which has been SUPER helpful. Even if it's just making lunch or Ashtyn helping me wash supplies after feedings! We are out and about more now and that's nice for me, but yet hard. I still can't lift Mr. Mason until next week and then I need to start gradually....Heather really takes this serious she has been carrying both babies and it stresses me out sometimes because I feel she is over doing it with both babies and Peyton(2 1/2) so today we started to bring our stroller with everywhere which made things a lot better for me! :) 

2 car seat - 1 awesome mom/aunt

She really could handle twins--this is what I came out to after my doctor appointment! 


1 comment: