Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Natural does work!

On July 10th I got my staples out, I was told I would start feeling a lot better and moving around a lot better after. I went in to get them out being very nervous, we have determined I can NOT handle pain. So I was not looking forward to this. I went in the room and they put 50% alcohol and 50% water on them and let them sit for about 10 minutes and then Dr. Reber came in and took a look at them and said that everything looked GREAT! She then took them all out, within 3 minutes, ALL 20 of my staples were out - best part was - I was okay and not in pain and no tears!!! YAHOO! They then put on little strips that they said would fall off. I went home feeling great, it didn't hurt to get in the car or anything!

I had to go back on July 16th to make sure it was healing fine. I went in and she said everything looked great, none of my strips had fallen off so she took them off, this just felt like band aids being take off. I went home and was felling better yet. However I started to notice the next day that my incision itched. Matt just thought it was healing. Finally on Friday night we called my sisters friend Vanessa to see if she had any suggestions. She said to see if Heather had Lavender and Coconut Oil and if she did to mix those and put it on it. So I did and it WORKED! 

I also heard from people the Gripe Water takes away hiccups for babies, so I decided to go to walmart and buy some. Yes it is $10 a bottle but it takes them away INSTANTLY! I may just be becoming a naturalist(if that is even a word) so maybe my sister was right, natural things are the way to go...ha :) 


2 comments:

  1. My husband and I ONLY use homeopathic "medicine" for everything! I have a great book I can let you borrow when I'm in Minnesota-- better for your body an it always works without the side affects of drugs! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Halie!
    Glad to hear you healed up well!

    ReplyDelete