Monday, July 22, 2013

My life now as a MOM

--Mason 1 week old--

As many of you know I used to drink almost every weekend, then when I met Matt that slowed down quite a bit but still would on occasion. When I found out I was pregnant I was only 21 for not even 3 months, it was hard at first when we would go out with friends for supper and everyone was drinking except me. It has now been EXACTLY 9 months yesterday since I had my last drink but more importantly 9 months ago yesterday we found out that we were going to have a BABY!! It's crazy how things change and how my life revolved around partying and now it revolves around my son! 

Towards the end of my pregnancy I started to have some terrible dreams, most were about how I was going to fail at being a mom. I only talked to Matt about it but that's all I needed, one day he texted me and said "U will be a great mom. U have so much experience with kids. Hunnie don't doubt yourself. U are GREAT!!!!!!" That helped a lot but didn't take away the fact I was still scared to death. I haven't been getting an income for 5 weeks before Mason was born and I was going to have to take off at least 6 weeks..how are we going to get by? How am I going to buy little things we need for our family? -- by having FAITH that's how -- I would get so stressed, we didn't know how we were going to pay mortgage for July and August with me not working and Matt just kept saying God will help us figure it out...and he did. God was just testing my faith and ever since I had Mason my faith has grown stronger. 

God gave me a beautiful baby boy, healthy and strong. 
God has provided for my family in hard times.
God has never lost faith in me and has always been there to listen.

"My God's not dead he's surely alive, livin on the inside roarin like a lion" 

Typical day in our house....well there is no typical day! We just are living each day - day by day - soaking in every minute! Mason and I get to bond all day, which I love and as soon as daddy gets home he showers right away so that he can cuddle his little guy! I never knew how much I loved Matt until I saw the love he has for Mason! Mason is our world now, and nothing else matters. We have our little family of 3 and I couldn't ask for anything more! I was blessed with a very content baby who sleeps really good at night(anywhere from 3 1/2-5 1/2 hours). Which has also made being a first time mom a lot easier! And all the little things like how will we afford things have just worked out and fell into place! 

GOD IS AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment